Thursday, December 30, 2010

a hawaiian-themed chair




I'm back with another sneak peek at my boys' new room. I'd had these timber director's chairs for years and years and they were in a pretty bad way. They were originally a dark timber but I painted this one white (very very bodgy job) about a year ago and then did nothing with it. Until now.


I got this fabric while we were in Hawaii last month. Mum and I walked 45 minutes in the scorching heat to find this place. But gee it was worth the effort.

I used the existing chair and back panels as templates.


And out came my 1930's sewing machine. A hand-me-down from my nan's sister-in-law (!) and it's a little beauty.


Here's the finished product.


Since the fabric I used was quite thin I just placed it over the top of the original seat panel - I don't want anybody falling through it.

Pics of the finished room will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment