Monday, December 13, 2010

Cowabunga dude, it's a surfboard shelf

 This is one of two very neglected surfboards I bought on ebay. The two of them only set me back $26 so I knew that if this idea didn't turn out it was only Greg's complaining about cluttering the garage that I would have a hard time dealing with.

I saw the idea on the internet somewhere - I can't for the life of me remember where, I just did a google search - and knew no ordinary shelf would do for my boys' room. 



So, I of course roped Greg in to helping me. He just doesn't have enough to do around the house already!

He hacked in to the best of the two boards with the power saw and did such a fantastically straight cut I was well impressed. I was also very excited because I immediately knew this was going to work. We expected to have to find a way to seal the foam and fibreglass along the cuts, but he sliced it right along the timber in the centre. PERFECT I tell ya!


Then we ripped one of the fins off the end of the second board and filed it down, cleaned it up and spray painted it black before attaching it to the bottom of the newly sliced board.


It's held up with a couple of $1.48 brackets from Big W and looks very
groooooooovy.


I love the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment