Friday, September 3, 2010

Liam's going to preschool!

I think all of my friends and family thought i'd never do it. I kept on saying 'I haven't sent him yet because...'. It's surprising how many excuses I was able to come up with. BUT, Liam has been going to preschool one day each week for the past month and he's finally saying he likes it. Here's a pic on his very first day.


When I first dropped him off he was beside himself. I stayed for about 10 minutes and he was reaching out for me, screaming 'don't leave me mummy'. I phoned when I got home and they told me was fine. Then they phoned me after lunch to tell me he'd had them in stitches laughing, had eaten all of his lunch and was fast asleep at the time. When I arrived to pick him up he seemed fine but then when he spotted me he ran to me and started crying again - the owner of the centre assured me this was normal. This photo was taken as we were leaving - he had cheered up after showing me his AWARD (!!) for being a very good talker! 
The second week was pretty much a carbon copy of the first, but on the third week he was a little better. He cried a little when I dropped him off and said, 'just one more hug mummy'. Then didn't cry at all when I arrived to pick him up. Infact he didn't even stop what he was doing when he saw me, he just kept working on his penguin drawing.
This week just passed he just had a little sob when I was leaving and when I arrived to pick him up he was so excited he ran straight to his school bag and gave me a drawing of a love heart that he'd done especially for me. I've framed it and it now sits proudly on a shelf in my bedroom.
He's been coming out with some really funny things since he's been going. Like last week we saw a picture of a shark and he said, 'Mum if you see a shark you should poke it in the eyes'. When we were driving home this week he said to me 'Mummy do you want to do the monster mash with me when we get home'.
I'm really looking forward to next week because I have a feeling he's going to be fine. He really loves 'Miss Kirsty' and 'Miss Sue'. 'Miss Mary' even got a mention this week.
I'm so proud of him I could burst. My little boy is really growing up. sob.

No comments:

Post a Comment